This is just a list of work outs I’ve done and enjoyed.
- 15 split squats each side. (Back leg elevated)
- 20 Kettlebell swings (I might add more, because I CAN do more)
- 10 each side Kettlebell clean and press (over head) (start on the weakest arm)
- 10 each side one handed Kettlebell swings
- 30 Russian Twists
Do this 3-4 times. I did this with an 8kg (~17lbs) kettlebell
(warm up) 25 jumping jacks, 10 jump squats, 5 burpies or push ups. Four Rounds Before doing any of these work outs.
- Box jumps.
- Plank push ups.
- Squat and over head press.
- Kettlebell Swing.
- Russian Twists.
- 27 Burpies.
- Three Rounds
Tabata #1 (20 go/10 rest for 4 mins or 8 rounds)
- Push ups for 20 seconds and holding in the plank position for 10 seconds.
- Kettlebell swing for 20 seconds and then holding in the squat position for 10 seconds.
- Over head presses for 20 seconds (I used 8lb weights) and then holding them above your head for 10 seconds.
- St ups for 20 seconds and then hold at a 45 degree angle for 10 seconds.
- Box jumps for 20 seconds, hold in the squat position for 10 seconds.
Tabata #2(20 go/10 rest for 4 mins) (Same idea as above)
- Squats for 20 seconds, hold it in the squat position for 10 seconds
- Kettle bell squat swings for 20 seconds, hold in squat position (active rest) for 10 seconds.
- Overhead press (used 5lbs dumb bells) for 20 seconds, hold above head for 10 seconds.
- Sit ups for 20 seconds, hold at a 45° angle for 10 seconds.
- Box jumps (or step up squats) for 20 seconds, hold in squat position for 10 seconds
- Push up to plank and down again for 20 seconds, hold in plank position for 10 seconds.
- Cool down - burpies for 20 seconds, and hold in squat for 10 seconds.
Tabata #3 (20 go/10 rest for 4 mins) (Same idea as above)
- Body weight squats for 20 seconds, hold in squat position for 10 seconds.
- Station 1: Box jumps for 20 seconds, hold in squat position for 10 seconds
- Station 2: Pushups for 20 seconds, hold in plank position for 10 seconds.
- Station 3: Kettlebell swings for 20 seconds, hold in squat position for 10 seconds.
- Station 4: Mountain climbers for 20 seconds, hold in plank for 10 seconds.
- Station 5: Over head shoulder presses for 20 seconds, hold above head for 10 seconds.
- Station 6: Sit ups for 20 seconds. Hold in 45 degree angle for 10 seconds.
- Push up burpies to shoulder press
- Kettlebell swings
- Hill climbing on the bike
- Sit ups with an 8lb weight over my head.
- Spider man push ups.
- Jumping lunges.
- Hill climbing on the bike
- Box jumps.
Go through the list doing each exercise for 90 seconds. After you’ve done all 8, take a 1 min break and then go through the list again doing each exercise for 60 seconds. Again, 1 min break and then again one last time, all 8 exercises for 30 seconds.
Go through all 5 stations without stopping. 3 rounds total with a 1 min rest between rounds. For each round change X (the 30 sec exercise). I like round one to be push ups, round 2 to be squats and round three to be burpees.
After 3 rounds do Victory lap of just the 60 sec exercises
- 60 seconds Hill climbing on the bike/30 seconds of X
- 60 seconds Kettle bell swing/30 seconds of X
- 60 seconds Russian Twists/30 seconds of X
- 60 seconds See-saw presses/30 seconds of X
- 60 seconds Jump lunges/30 seconds of X
Swap It #1
5 rounds each station, 1 min rest between stations
- 45 seconds Kettle bell swing/45 seconds Jumping lunge
- 45 seconds Russian twists/45 seconds Burpies
- 45 seconds Box jumps/45 seconds Walk out plank
- 45 seconds Squats with an over head press/45 seconds Mountain climber
Swap It #2
Switch back and forth at each station.30/30, 60/60, 30/30, 60/60. 1 min rest between stations.
- Box Jumps/Push Ups (military style, wide leg, or on the knees)
- Walk-out Plank to Over-Head Press/Jumping Lunges.
- Kettlebell Swing/(I don’t know what they’re called) these rolling stand up things. You start on your back, legs up, hips on the ground and you kick forward and try to roll into a stand up position using your core.
- Russian Twists/Burpies.
The German Trainer’s work out for me.
- 10-15 mins of cardio.
- Running, biking, swimming, skipping, rowing.
- Squats and overhead press with tube 10 x 2
- (you stand on the tube with a handle in each hand, as your legs bend, you do an overhead press)
- Backward lunges with tube 10 x 2(each side)
- (you step back and raise your arms infront of you, then step back up and lower arms)
- Running and boxing with tube 1 min x 2
- (you wrap the tube around a pole or something, and then run in spot while “boxing”.)
- Cross arm squats with tube 10 x 2
- (stand on tube. Start with arms and tube crossed, and in squat position. Stand up and over head press)
- Lunges with bosu 10 x 2 (each side)
- (you step forward onto the bosu…and then push with your heel back to standing)
- Side lunges 10 x 2
- (you lunge to the side? Or diagonally.)
- Bicep curls (biceps and triceps) 10 x 2(picture shows you)
- Chest and back pulls 10 x 2
- (Stand on tube with handle in each hand. Bring arms out to make a straight line across the shoulders)
- Push ups 10 x 2
- Russian twists with medicine ball 10 x 2
- (you basically balance on your butt with your legs together in the air and your back off the ground and you twist from side to side holding the ball for resistance)
- Plank 15 sec x 4
- Side Plank 15 sec x 4
- Crunches 25 x 2
- Leg extensions on machine (quads) 15 x 2 or 3 Hold on last rep
- Leg curls on machine (hamstring) 15 x 2 or 3 Hold on last rep
- (If you don’t have a machine/gym I’m pretty sure there’s other ways to work out these muscle groups.)
- 20-30 mins Cardio (Heart rate 120-140)
- 10 mins of stretching